Moving towards JBossWS 5...
By JBossWS Team | March 24, 2015
Even if I've been silent here lately, my team is actively working on JBossWS 5 and we're getting closer to the first non-Beta release.
The first Beta release (JBossWS 5.0.0.Beta1) was tagged in September last year; it brought Apache CXF 3 series in JBossWS / WildFly and eventually dropped JAX-RPC support ;-)
JBossWS 5.0.0.Beta2 was tagged a couple of months later and featured improvements in the pre-defined client/endpoint configuration area and the options for declaring Apache CXF interceptors through simple configuration properties.
The latest Beta release so far, JBossWS 5.0.0.Beta3, has been tagged and integrated in current WildFly master last month; the most notable change in it is the completely new build and testsuite framework, which now fully relies on Arquillian and ShrinkWrap for WS endpoints testing.
More interesting additions, in the direction of enabling configuring Apache CXF proprietary features without recurring to Spring descriptors, have already been implemented and are coming soon.
Alternatively, you could also play with another recent WS release, the 1.1.0.Beta1 version of the our jaxws-codefirst Maven Archetype, which has just been moved to rely on JBossWS 5 Beta artifacts. You can read about it in a previous post of mine, but it basically boils down to simply using the following command line to kick start a WS project in few seconds:
mvn archetype:generate -Dfilter=org.jboss.ws.plugins.archetypes:
That's all for now, stay tuned, JBossWS 5 is coming… :-)
- Move to JBossWS Google Group
- May 27, 2020 By Jim Ma
- JBossWS team has moved the old jboss community wiki and forum to JBossWS Google Groups. The old JBossWS wiki, User Forum and Developer Forum are all archived and read only now. This change will allow our community users find us more easily with one email or web access...
- JBossWS 5.4.0.Final is released!>
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 By Jim Ma
- I am pleased to annouce JBossWS 5.4.0 Final is out. In this release we upgraded many components as usual and brings Elytron…
- JBossWS 5.3.0.Final is out!
- May 14, 2019 19:07 PM by Jim Ma
- After couple days work, I am proud to announce JBossWS 5.3.0.Final has been released. This new release brings a lot of component up…
- View more jbossws updates